Thursday, August 5, 2010

Letting Go to Grow

Wow, I can't believe my last post was over 2 weeks ago! I've been meaning to update but life has taken over in full force. Between school, running errands, cleaning, homework, meals, laundry, swimming lessons, appointments... and somewhere in between I'm supposed to shower and look decent! It feels as though my life can spin out of control at any moment (ahh!). I'm so grateful I don't have to carry the load alone. I'm reminded of Psalm 55:22 to "Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you." I tend to think I have so much to do, and I'm doing it all alone. I make my burden heavier than it really is in my own mind. Half the battle is realizing I can't do it alone. And the other half of my battle is asking for help...even to the Lord. Why is that such a struggle? For me the hardest part is giving up control. I sometimes won't even ask Josh to fold clothes or sweep, because he doesn't do it the way I do. How horrible is that?! Let go girl! You're getting FREE help! I know as soon as I get over myself and let go, I find relief. I find rest. And I enjoy the little moments. What can I say, I'm a constant work in progress. I'm thankful the Lord (and my sweet husband) love me just the way I am... my imperfections an all.


Speaking of letting go, the boys have been taking swimming lessons the past few weeks. Their teacher is a woman who's been a part of our church family for years. She is such an amazing and inspiring woman, we are so blessed to know her! She has probably taught the majority of the kids at Desert Chapel how to swim! I've heard so many good things about her teaching and knew it was time to get these boys comfortable in the water. She's so great with the boys and has so much patience. I'm really impressed with how much progress they've made in such short time. Mason has gone from never getting his hair and face wet and only sitting on the steps of a pool to swimming under water. Micah was pretty comfortable in water if he was doubled up in floaties =) Now he's jumping in the pool and taking more risks with confidence. He is on his way to swimming! And Mitchell, completely fearless, is now aware he has boundaries. He jumps in with a big smile on his face and eyes wide open and just floats. No kicking, no paddling, no flailing, nothing. It's almost creepy to watch, but he's just so comfortable! Getting him to kick his feet will be his huge milestone! They really love their time with Ms. Jeannie and look forward to every session we have, as do I! Here are some pictures over the past couple of weeks!




















3 comments:

  1. how fun!! I can't wait until the day, Marc (an avid swimmer at 5) and I take our little kiddos for swim lessons! All these fun things your little boys get to do and how special is it you get to be there documenting thier growth!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pics are so sweet. It makes me want to sign my boys up for swim lessons even though they do just fine on their own. Perhaps this Momma is just looking for a photo op...maybe I should take my camera to the pool more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mason really looks like a Davies! This makes me miss having a pool =(

    ReplyDelete