Monday, July 12, 2010

The First of Many

Hello World, welcome to my life! Thursday happened to be the first day of school for my firstborn, Mason. What?? We're already here? Wasn't I just in the hospital laboring this child? It all happened so fast, I still haven't cried like I wanted to. You know the lump in your throat you keep pushing down so you can "appear" to be a composed adult, not like the 5 year old girl sobbing and clinging at her mommy's dress. All I allowed were a few tears that didn't get the chance to roll to their full potential. Next thing I knew his teacher had the students (my baby!) turn and wave "Bye, Mommy!". Wait!!! Where's my hug, my kiss, my tears??? With years of experience, I know Mason's teacher knew this was best for the little ones who struggled with parting from their parents, or... for Mommy's who can't bear let their babies go. It makes me think of what my father-in-law has often encouraged me during my pregnancies with: "At least we know millions of women have gone through this... and survived!" So here I sit, still haven't dealt with my feelings about my baby growing up, about me having to let go, about me being pregnant and having extra feelings! [I send this as a warning for my dear husband who shall soon unexpectedly encounter an overdramatic meltdown about something that doesn't even matter, like, say, he not being able to decide which type of pasta I should make for dinner... Honey, I apologize but, consider yourself warned!] I have to admit I was so proud to pick him up from his first day, and relieved to hear he did great! I think I was afraid he would be so shy, like I saw him at open house the day before. But he was quite the opposite, he is a social butterfly when he's comfortable, and that he was. He even made a new friend, and it wasn't a boy! With two younger brothers, and lots of friends that are boys it was a nice surprise he would make a girl friend. It's cute and innocent, and I'm excited. Excited for the first friend... of many. I'm excited for the first day of school... of many. And I'm excited for the first blog, of many! 

Here are a few pictures from this milestone we've reached, whether I was ready or not!

 







5 comments:

  1. horray for the first of many everythings!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww- they grow so fast. I think I will be crying like a 5yr old girl when Maliya starts school. You are such a good Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww you 2 are so cute! I remember kissing your belly when you were pregnant with him..
    and does that mean there is a #4 on the way? or did I misinterpret?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls! I remember that picture of all us Steph, it feels like forever ago! Yes #4 is in the oven too =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow congratulations and happy baking!

    ReplyDelete