Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A Season for Change




I never thought in a million years I would leave. This desert I've spent my life. This town I've lived in. Grown in. The childhood memories. The church I married in. The friends that have become family. My family that are my neighbors. This place I've had my babies.



The community I have prayed for. But it came to a point where we realized our "picture perfect" life here wasn't going to be our forever.  We knew deep in our hearts there is something else, something different...somewhere else. And you can't always explain it...but there's no doubt in my mind it's the right thing.  
We had been called to move. 
And it's scary, and exciting, and overwhelming, and amazing. But the most amazing thing of all is being able to see and experience the work of God in every step and detail of this whole process! My faith has been stretched and tested...and I am forever changed. When you are naturally a control freak and love to have your life, let alone day, planned out you don't always do these "leaps of faith" so well. But I was brought to the point where I thought "why not?" Why not now, why not go, why not dream big? I don't want to look back 20 years later wishing I would've done this or tried that. I want to live bravely and boldly in this one life we get. And if I fail, oh well. At least I tried and I'm sure I'll take a life lesson away from it! 
So here we are, with our house sold. The school year ended. Members of a different church. Packed up and relocated. Walking in unknown territory. But led by the Lord, without fear or doubt. With excitement for what lies ahead. 
Stay tuned for bits and pieces of our adventure...!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you back at your blog (though I have no idea how you'd have time to keep it up)! I'm so excited to see what God has in store for your family and proud of you both for stepping out in faith. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really hope I can, it'll be fun to share our new adventures :) Love you too!

      Delete